Replacing your Mazda MX-5 Miata OEM halogen headlight bulbs can also be a simple matter.Below we will walk you through the process of replacing the bulbs on the Mazda MX-5 Miata. You can also easily replace the LED bulbs on your MX-5 Miata after reading it.
Basic Vehicle Information
- Vehicle: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata NB
- Headlight position: High Beam
- LED Bulb Size: 9005
Installation Tools & Bulbs
- A pair of gloves
- Novsight 9005 LED Headlight Bulb
Mazda MX-5 Miata LED Car Light Bulbs Installation Guidelines
Step 1. Pop off the hood and find the location of the high beam bulbs
Step 2. Pull out the air intake on the driver's side
Because the air intake is blocking the entrance to the halogen bulb on the driver's side, we need to remove it first. Put on the prepared gloves, hold the rear end of the air intake and push it back slightly to pull out the air intake. then put aside.
Step 3. Replace the original halogen bulb on the driver's side
Reach into the high beam socket with your hand, turn the halogen bulb counterclockwise and remove. Unplug the end that connects to the orange bulb knob socket and remove the standard halogen light. Then install the plug of the LED light to be installed where the halogen lamp was previously connected. Finally install the new LED car light bulbs clockwise into the headlights.
Step 4. Install the LED headlight bulb on the other side
As in the previous step, remove the previous OEM halogen lamp from the headlamp counterclockwise and disconnect it. Install the desired LED high beams, then clockwise until you feel it is tight enough.
Notice: The LED bulb should be installed so that the flat sides of the bulb containing the LED elements are facing 3 and 9 o'clock, respectively.
Step 5. Start the vehicle and check if the LED lights are working properly
After installing the LED light, don't rush to install some parts that were removed earlier. You should check if the LED auto lights are working and if there is a decoding problem here. A decoder should be installed in the event of flashing lights, dashboard alarms, or radio interference.
Step 6. Reinstate previously removed parts to complete installation
Original Halogen Lights VS Bright LED Lights
- All photos and content licensed by jamesr50. Thank you so much for sharing such great content with us! To watch the LED car light bulbs installation video for more details.
- If you are interested in the Novsight mini size LED bulb shown in the above picture or video, we have the same size and higher lumen value bulbs, welcome to inquire about details.
- You can also adjust your headlights to get a more accurate light pattern after installing the LED light bulbs.
- For 2006-2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata, we’ve prepared custom LED light bulbs combo for your, click here for more details.